Burlington's minimum housing inspection rating system was the feature of a front-page story in Saturday August 15th's edition of the Burlington Free Press. As we blogged about back in January, the city has adopted a new rating system for rental properties in the city.
Properties can receive a certificate good for between 1 to 5 years of occupancy without requiring an additional inspection. A property with no violations receives a five year certificate. The cover story, authored by Zach Despart, serves to update the original story and offer some data in support of the new policy:
· The city has performed 342 Inspections since January
· 40% received a five-year certificate
· 21% received a four-year certificate
· 7% received a three-year certificate
· One property received a two-year certificate
· 111 Properties "had yet to address violations
Read the full story from the Burlington Free Press here
As always, please reach out to the LipVT team for all your real estate needs!